Mount Sinai Careers
Manager IT Finance
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ # 75255
Job Title: Manager IT Finance
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Manage development of end user requirements, system design, project plans, staffing requirements and milestones for system enhancements and development.
- Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Manage development of enhancement and develop specifications for programming by internal/external resources.
- Manage all aspects of system(s) maintenance including: software upgrades, database maintenance, end user support, trouble shooting, auditing systems and problem solving.
- Maintains areas of responsibility’s effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
- Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
- Performs other related duties
Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field.
Minimum Related Experience
· 8 years in the information technology field or its equivalent.
· Timely preparation of financial scenarios for IT projects to inform SR IT Leadership of statuses.
· Work under the direction of the IT Assoc Dir manage IT performance and cash flow scenarios.
· Analyze data by project and report out explanations for significant variances.
· Run monthly forecast meetings to provide accurate forecasts, track actual spending, and explain significant variances to budget for all projects.
· Prepare ad-hoc analyses as appropriate.
· Key owner regarding the accurate allocation of capital across fiscal entities.
· Quantify opportunities to improve capital efficiency which impacts business results.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.