Mount Sinai Careers
Director Social Work - 9045 - Social Work - Full time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Work (MSW) - Req Number: 75280
Job Title: Director Social Work
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Director of Social Work at Mount Sinai West monitors and evaluates services and outcomes and takes appropriate steps to revise or supplement program services. Trains, supervises and coordinates work of a professional social work staff, students and support staff. This individual is expected to have responsibility for approximately 25 staff. Interfaces with many community based organizations and post-acute facilities.
1. Provide professional and administrative leadership for the Department of Social Work.
2. Drive program and policy development and monitoring and continuous quality improvement.
3. Represent MSW at multiple meetings and develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of MSW and MSHS departments and physician and administrative leaders and/or community agencies.
4. Interview, recommend hiring, schedule, assign work to, and evaluate the work of assigned subordinates. Recommend particular recognition, discipline, and, if necessary, discharge of assigned professional and support employees.
5. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with multiple MSW and MSHS departments, workgroups and outside agencies in order to coordinate social work functions with other patient services, to gather and exchange patient information, and to elicit cooperation. Collaborate closely with senior leadership of other initiatives to coordinate care and facilitate discharge planning.
6. Develop, secure approval of, and implement policies and procedures.
7. Hold key responsibility for developing budgets for area of responsibility and monitoring all revenue and expenditures.
8. Identify ongoing educational needs and assist in the staff development programs. Participate in development and implementation of effective educational orientation programs for assigned staff and students.
9. Keep current regarding government and community social service programs and regulations, and maintain professional skills through participation in appropriate educational or development activities.
10.Provide direct social work services as needed to respond to crises, provide staff training, and to maintain professional expertise.
11.Develop program ideas, within the Department and collaboratively with other departments within MSW and MSHS.
12.Review and adjust the deployment of staff in order to assure most effective use of resources.
Performs other related duties.
Master's degree in social work from an accredited institution.
Advanced knowledge of social work theory and practice.
Work requires knowledge of social service objectives and practices, successful track record in program development and implementation, and employee development and education, at a level generally acquired through seven to 10 years of progressively more responsible related experience.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in New York State
Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Significant program development and implementation skills, including the ability to assess quality and productivity and make programmatic modifications as indicated.
Interpersonal skills sufficient for effective leadership of assigned employees and to represent Department and MSW to Senior Leadership, MSHS, and community agencies.
Ability to provide exceptional clinical and administrative supervision and leadership for social workers at MSW.
Exceptional skills in engaging and assessing patients and families in the coordination of care and discharge planning.
Exceptional organizational, collaborative, communication and presentation skills