Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Secretary II - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Enters, books and schedules cases into IDXRAD system.
- Maintains and updates patient registration information into the computer to assure accuracy.
- Processes requisitions and other forms for diagnostic procedures.
- Registers private patients according to procedures, to include the following:
- Verification of patient’s eligibility coverage in Eagle through (EMEVS, OMNI, HDX, and BCLI)
- Post entries for required patient tracking milestones.
- Collect up-front payment.
- Scans patient documents as required, to include insurance card and picture ID
- Cancels and reschedule exams.
- Performs secretarial/registration functions in various areas throughout Radiology
- Promptly and courteously answers telephones and intercoms, directs calls to the appropriate person.
- Assures that records, requisitions and other forms are accurate and complete.
- Assures that clinical histories are pertinent for requested exam and alert the technologist or supervisor of discrepancies.
- Maintains ethical conduct towards patients, physicians, and peers
- Issues and records appointments and follow up for patients.
- Screens for pertinent medical information.
- Prepares and prints schedule for the next day.
- Confirms scheduled procedures for outpatients.
- Calls and dispatches transportation staff to pick up and return patients from units.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Distributes all patient satisfaction surveys to fill out by patients, greets, interacts and appropriately directs patients and other persons entering the department.
- Makes appropriate copies of patient information as needed.
- Informs appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions
- Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum one year related experience preferred in a health care setting.