Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in all areas - Performs histology, chemistry, hematology, blood bank procedures quality control, enter results into LIS, follow Lab policy and procedures. Read manual differentials, Knowledge of automated equipment. Knowledge chemistry and hematology and instrumentation.
- Must perform maintenance and troubleshooting procedures as required.
- Performs Quality control and maintenance procedures as required.
- Must be proficient in manual differentials and body fluid cell counts.
- Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation
- Performs all lab tests and procedures as they pertain to the specific activities of the blood bank: ABO/Rh typing, Antibody screening, Cross matches, auto/directed units, DAT testing
- Performs Quality control and maintenance procedures as required by the department. Performs manual differentials, normal and abnormal, cell counts, coagulation procedures, Urinalysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
What You’ll Bring:
- NYS Licensed Medical Technologist, BS degree required in Science. ASCP preferred - 5 years experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in manual differentials and body fluid cell count.
- Computer literate, Excellent communication skills
- Type and Screen, Crossmatching -Gel and tube technology.