Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Summary
Coordinates the day to day operations of the residency program which includes rotation scheduling and maintaining records for current and past residents. Liaison with off-site locations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Processes appointments and reappointments for housestaff personnel, maintaining all licensure, resident files and paperwork. Acts as resource for all housestaff personnel, addressing problems and concerns.
- Preparation of resident schedules, which include the didactic lecture series, grand rounds, rotation schedules and calendar of events. Corresponds with lecturers and coordinates lecture dates, topics, venues and audiovisual needs.
- Coordinates all aspects of the resident interview process, orientation, graduation and interview dates for residency programs. Schedules interviewers, corresponds with potential applicants, secures interview rooms and makes catering arrangements.
- Prepares requisitions and petty cash vouchers for reimbursement of budgeted expenses.
- Coordinates course, vacation and timekeeping for residents. Arranges proper course instruction as needed or required by the resident (offsite as well as on campus). Arranges for resident to attend conferences.
- Processes minutes for residency planning committee meetings and bi-annual meetings. Liaison between the American Board of PM&R, Program Director and residents.
- Education Requirements:
High School diploma or GED