Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Office Front Desk - Family Planning
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Downtown Beth Israel – Family Planning – Requisition 75384
Job Title: Medical Office Front Desk – Family Planning
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Greets and registers patients; prepares and processes appropriate forms; directs patients to appropriate areas.
- Enters patient information into computer systems.
- Triage phone calls and respond to inquiries; page and/or transfer calls to various administrators and associated staff as appropriate.
- Collects payments from patients for services rendered.
- Processes third party vendor payer requests for payment.
- Deposits and reconciles all cash against deposits and posted transactions.
- Ensures deposits are safeguarded and secured in accordance with organizational policy.
- Schedules patient appointments, consults and schedules ancillary service appointments on manual and/or computerized system.
- Makes reminder and "no show" calls and provides schedule information to the practice.
- Prints schedules and confirms appointments.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School degree required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Medical office experience preferred.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.