Mount Sinai Careers
OTP Counselor - Brooklyn - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under the direction of the clinic manager, or designee, the counselor shall assist in the personal, social and vocational rehabilitation of a patient being treated for substance abuse by providing supportive services either directly through individual and/or group counseling or by referral to outside agencies.
- Screens new patients, evaluates current social, medical, mental and drug abuse status and their suitability for treatment (when applicable)
- Orients patients to the program and its policy's and procedures and assists them in obtaining needed services
- Develops psychosocial history and reviews annually
- Develops individualized treatment plans either quarterly or semi annually based on chemical dependency, psychosocial, employment and family issues
- Education: High School Diploma/GED, Bachelors degree, Master's degree or CASAC.
- Knowledge of Federal and state substance abuse laws and regulations
- Minimum of two years previous paid counseling experience
- Must have good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills