Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Physicians Assistant - Obs Unit/ER - MSBI
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Emergency Medicine REQ #75439
Position: Physician Assistant
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history
· Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
· Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel
· Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision
· Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies
· Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results
· Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections
· Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation
regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Graduate from an ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant) program, or equivalent as approved by the New York State Education Department. (Additional education/experience may be required for some specialty areas)
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS Board of Medicine
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate for mid-level providers. (Full schedule: 2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, 5)
- NYS Mandated Infection Control Course Certificate (renewable every four years)
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Physician Assistant License
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.