Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Navigator-AIDS CENTER PETER KRUEGER CLINIC- Bilingual English/Spanish
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health Partners
Requisition #: 75538
4588 - AIDS CENTER PETER KRUEGER CLINIC
- Job Summary
The Patient Navigator oversees a caseload of patients and acts as the primary liaison between the patient and the program to which they are assigned. The Patient Navigator is responsible for implementing the comprehensive care plan to each patient as determined upon enrollment in the program. The Patient Navigator ensures that the patient is connected to prevention and treatment services, and also ensures that the patient adheres to the established plan of care.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carries out tasks to execute the medical and support service plans including guiding patients to appointments, and accompanying them when necessary.
- Ensures that medication adherence issues are addressed.
- Provides education and coaching for specific population needs as required by the program or department.
- Acts as the primary liaison with medical providers to ensure patient adherence. Caseload may be as many as 20 patient-clients.
- Delivers monthly or weekly health education encounters.
- Performs entitlements reassessment.
- Coordinates logistics for plan adherence such as appointment reminders, arranging transportation, making childcare arrangements.
- Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into web-based system, and may be responsible for performing grant-related data entry.
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or High School Degree and relevant work experienceExperience Requirements:
2 years minimum experience, 3-5 preferred