Mount Sinai Careers
Assistant Manager Billing
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- HEAD AND NECK INSTITUTE REQ #75555
Job Title: Assistant Manager Billing
Roles & Responsibilities:
2. Supervises billing staff on a daily basis
3. Assures surgical, speech and office visit authorizations are in-place
4. Takes a proactive approach in detecting potential problems related to charges, billing and collection of accounts
5. Responsible for the maximization of revenue and receivable management
13. Responsible for running monthly billing activity reports
18. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
Age Specific Competencies (Neonate/Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric)
a. Identifies physical, behavioral and emotional characteristics typical for the age group
b.Modifies approaches based on patient age-specific needs and responses to treatment
c. Provides care for patients based on age-specific needs
d.Uses communication techniques which are age appropriate
19. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
20. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
21. Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
C. Educational/Professional Development
26. Participates in the development of other staff members
27. Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
28. Identifies learning strengths and needs
29. Utilizes learning resources
35. Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
36. Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
38. May be required to perform other duties as assigned
· Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· CPC preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.