Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Physicians Assistant - Cardiac -ICU - MSSL
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: Cardiac Surgery; REQ. # 75558
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, which range from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Develops and implements patient management plans, records procedure and progress notes and discharge summaries, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
- Develops and provides education related to pre and post-operative evaluation and treatment plans.
- Provide oversight of all surgical cases related to scheduling and medical clearance.
- Provides assistance to physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
- May prescribe medication.
- Performs other related duties.
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
MS Word - Intermediate Outlook - Beginner IDX - Beginner