Roles & Responsibilities:
Evaluates nutritional status of patients and documents findings in the
medical record per policy. Communicates with clinical, foodservice and
managerial staff to ensure the provision of the highest quality patient
- Communicates with members of the healthcare team regarding therapeutic needs
- Develops, implements, and evaluates nutrition care plans for all patients determined to be at nutritional risk
- Intervenes on behalf of patients to ensure appropriate therapeutic care
- Applies current research findings in the management of a patient’s nutritional care
- Educates patient and/or family members on prescribed therapeutic diet
- Documents education and comprehension in the medical record
- Documents all patient interaction in the medical record as per policy
- Develops and updates education material, as necessary
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.