Mount Sinai Careers
Registered Nurse / RN - Cardiac Special Procedures - Part-Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
- At least one year of acute care RN experience required
- Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice is critical for success
- Cardiac RN experience preferred
- BLS / BCLS certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
- The Clinical Nurse – is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- As an Adult Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care of the adult patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
- Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- The Adult RN reports directly to the Nurse Manager.