Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Pastoral Education Resident
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Pastoral Education Resident - 75582
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assess the spiritual, emotional, and religious needs of patients and their loved ones and develop appropriate spiritual care interventions to meet these needs, while also referring to other members of the IDT as appropriate.
- Participate in the overnight and weekend on-call rotation.
- Participate in IDT meetings in her/his patient care areas and maintain regular communication with other team members about patients’ needs.
- Maintain and foster positive working relationships between the DSCE and other hospital staff and departments.
- Participate in the planning and leadership of special events, memorial services, chi cart visits, and other staff support interventions.
- Fulfill all documentation requirements, including charting in the EHR and completing the on-call log.
- Support, as appropriate, departmental and Center for Spirituality and Health performance improvement and research projects.
- Participate actively in the Clinical Pastoral Education residency.
- Perform other related duties and activities as may be requested by ACPE Certified Educator and/or site director.
- Adhere to all department and hospital safety standards.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and complete all mandatory PEAK trainings.
- Participate in maintenance of proper administration procedures for department in accordance with institutional policies.
- Participates in the department’s plan for continuous quality improvement.
- Adheres to all Hospital standards, policies, and procedures and to the Common Code of Ethics for Chaplains, Pastoral Counselors, Pastoral Educators and Students.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree preferred. Major focus in theology or related fields preferred.
- One unit of CPE at an ACPE-accredited center
Bachelor’s Degree. Masters preferred. Major focus in theology or related fields preferred.
One unit CPE at an ACPE accredited center.
Affiliation with recognized religious or spiritual group.
Ordination, or the equivalent from a faith community or commission to function in ministry by appropriate religious authority.
Must have successfully completed at least one unit of CPE at an ACPE accredited center.