Mount Sinai Careers
IT Director - PMO
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Information Services - Req #75604
- Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements organization wide information systems and technologies.
- Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies staff, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of microcomputers.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s) of responsibility, including the allocation of resources and staff. Remains current with technological advances and be able to apply them where applicable.
- Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of organization wide information systems, networks, and departmental applications.
- Directs the development of the Information Technologies operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
- Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for development and implementation of information systems disaster recovery plans.
- Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing.
- Coordinates, develops, and executes program for continual measurement of the organization’s information systems, and communication networks’ performance and effectiveness.
- Ensures the provision of cost efficient information services and systems. Anticipate developments in fields of information technology. Write recommendations for management review of enhancements to existing systems through ongoing review.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures
- 12 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, excellent organizational and analytical skills, excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Attention to details
- Special skills include systems development and planning, systems integration and networking.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Expert