Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Assistant - Department of Neurosurgery - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Administrative Assistant - Department of Neurosurgery - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area) - 75634
- Coordinates and schedules patient appointments.
- Performs reception duties, appointment and calendar maintenance for Provider, with appropriate message taking.
- Requests pre-authorization for surgical and radiological procedures.
- Collects patient demographics and insurance information and enters into practice management system.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage prior to patient appointment and advises patient of any insurance referrals or authorizations needed
- Ensures pre admission testing results are received and reviewed timely.
- May schedule patient appointments for tests or consults
- May initiate reminder calls for next day’s appointments or surgical appointments.
- Performs customer service duties aimed towards optimizing the patient experience.
- Word processing, basic Excel, data entry and other applications as required.
- Works collaboratively as a team with colleagues and management staff.
- Performs other related duties
High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.