Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- 9350 - RADIOLOGY CAT SCAN DIAG REQ # 75703
Job Title: CT Technologist
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Requires the utilization of appropriate kV and mA techniques to insure quality diagnostic CT images.
· Performs daily quality control calibration checks on all equipment in order to ensure the equipment is calibrated and working properly before any patient study is performed.
· Injects patients with radioactive material as per the physician’s order following the prescribed protocol.
· Observes all department documentation policies by filling in all appropriate logs, manuals, charge documents, as well as, reporting equipment problems in order to comply with regulatory agencies.
· Performs quality control, quality assurance and safety tests. Follow radiation safety guidelines to comply with ALARA principle.
· Maintains and develops and retrieves patient films and electronic date for Radiologist interpretation.
· Orders patient-specific radiopharmaceutical doses 1-day prior to use.
- Receives radiopharmaceutical on day of delivery and verifies proper receipt as per policy and procedure. Verifies activity level of the does prior to administration.
· Graduate of a School of Nuclear Medicine Technology and a Graduate of an accredited program in Radiology Technology.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.