Mount Sinai Careers
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Downtown Beth Israel – Radiology Diagnostic – Requisition 75747
Job Title: Mammography Technologist
Roles & Responsibilities:
To operate Mammographic Imaging Equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x – ray films as directed by physicians. Performs screening and diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Mammographic procedures to include screening, diagnostic, and stereotactic.
- Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform Mammographic procedures
- Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
- Ensures all radiographic images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
- Employs radiation protection measures and follows departmental protocols to keep exposure of patients and hospital personnel to a minimum.
- Evaluates images for technical acceptability and ensures images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all studies performed are completed in IDX (Radiology Information System) in a timely fashion.
- Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty linen.
- Maintains supplies and accessories in radiographic room necessary to safely perform duties, as required.
- Accurately records all required patient tracking information into IDX (Radiology Information System).
- Schedules exams into IDX (Radiology Information System) as required.
- Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Assists physician directly as required.
- Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors, and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocol.
- Calls for in-patients as required.
- Supervises radiology students assigned to his/her clinical area.
- Performs related clerical duties in the absence of support personnel.
- Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required.
- Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
What You’ll Bring:
- Graduate of an AMA/J.C.E.R.T. approved program in Radiologic Technology
- 2 years diagnostic experience preferred. (will consider new graduates).
- ARRT and
certification in Mammography
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.