Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Occupational Therapist
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name-PHILLIPS REHABILITATION MED THERAPY REQ #75751
Job Title: Senior Physical Therapist I
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Examines and assesses patients' physical, cognitive and learning abilities to determine realistic attainable rehabilitation goals and plan of care.
- Treatment interventions are based on findings of the evaluation and the plan of care.
- Selects educational, recreational and social activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills within limits of their cognitive and physical capabilities.
- Reassesses patients' progress and prepares reports that details progress.
- Documents therapy activities and maintains necessary records in patient files.
- Provides training and education to caregivers in preparation of discharge.
- Recommends changes in patients' work or living environments that is consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Provide documentation of medical necessity for approval of DME/adaptive equipment and ongoing treatment.
- 1-2 continuing education courses per year
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
· Graduate of accredited Occupational Therapy Program
· OT NYS/Department of State
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.