Mount Sinai Careers
Supervisor Nuclear Medicine
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- To supervise, plan, and coordinate the activities and operations of the Nuclear Medicine department. Coordinate assigned activities with other departments, divisions, and the general public. Provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance.
- Duties and Responsibilities- Coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities of the nuclear medicine department.- Perform Nuclear Medicine imaging procedures and dose administration as needed.- Ensures Radioactive Isotopes are ordered as needed.- Assures all daily, weekly and monthly Quality Control Procedures are performed and provides raw data to Administrative /Technical Manager for review.- Continually monitors staff adherence to rules and regulations, departmental policies and the policies of external agencies. Works with Administrative/Technical Manager to maintain required standards.- Assures the appropriateness of all exams performed by consulting with the Nuclear Medicine Physicians on all cases. Resolves scheduling problems with the referring physicians and assures there are no delays in the performance of procedures.- Performs quality control on Gamma Cameras, hot lab and maintains all pertinent records.- Ensures waste Isotopes are discarded/stored as mandated by regulatory agencies.- Monitors staff adherence to all radiation safety procedures to enhance staff awareness of the principles of ALARA and reports issues back to Administrative/Technical Manager.- Supervises, oversees, organizes and directs work of assigned subordinates engaged in performing routine radiology procedures.- Ensures completed studies are dictated and finalized in a timely manner.- Establishes work priorities, in accordance with established daily assignments, or work assignments in response to patient load or malfunctioning equipment
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited and approved School of Nuclear Medicine; Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum Related Experience: 3 years of technical experience in Nuclear Medicine.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum Licensing Requirements: New York State License (L.R.T.).
- Minimum Certification Requirements: ARRT (N), and/or CNMT.