Mount Sinai Careers
Scheduling Coordinator Ii
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Summary
The Scheduling Coordinator II is a senior level individual, responsible for scheduling appointments, consults and follow-up appointments for patients, and who takes a lead role among this group, mentoring and training less experienced staff. Assists in oversight of front desk and office activity in the absence of the Supervisor
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Schedules patient FPA appointments and updates practice management system.
- Collects patient demographics and insurance information and enters into practice management system.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage prior to appointment and advises patient of any insurance referrals or authorizations needed.
- May schedule patients appointments for tests or consults.
- May initiate reminder calls for next day’s appointments.
- Trains and mentors less experienced Scheduling Coordinator and administrative staff, and discusses issues of concern with Supervisor.
- May perform duty as liaison between Scheduling Coordinator staff and Administrative Assistants in addressing patient concerns.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, patient satisfaction surveys, ACD and appointment reporting.
- May participate and offer input into the Performance Appraisal process with the Supervisor.
- Education Requirements:
High School diploma/GEDExperience Requirements:
3 year secretarial/clerical experience, preferably with some directly related experience, in a medical practice environment
Knowledge of IDX and Cerner systems helpful
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent customer relations
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy