Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Coordinator I - Radiology - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Greet patients either in person or via telephone, and update their insurance/demographics in the practice management system.
- Assure that physician accepts insurance that patients present with. If not already done prior to visit, verify insurance prior to patient’s arrival or at minimum at time of arrival before visit.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patient’s arrival, and ensure that patient’s medical record is available for physician.
- Process/update HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as necessary.
- Collect or retrieve referrals or insurance authorizations as required.
- Review status of waiting room on a routine basis and ensure that patients are kept advised of wait times.
- Ensures that patient has paid co-pay or collects co-pay under direction of billing staff, providing patient with receipt following established cash-control processes.
- May schedule patient for follow-up appointment as needed. Provide patient with guidelines for requesting medical records, if necessary.
- May perform simple charge entry tasks or enter payments collected from patients and prepare Cashier’s deposit. Note: duties are mutually exclusive and may not be performed by the same employee.
- Performs in a call center capacity (Faculty Practice Associates)
- Answer phones for practice and schedule appointments
- Follow all HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents.
- May initiate reminder phones calls for next day appointments.
- Performs other related duties
- High School graduate/GED.
- 1 year physician practice experience
- Prefer experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling