Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Financial Analyst
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Downtown – Ambulatory Medical Practices – Job Requisition 75829
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the evaluation of current and future operational and financial practices, development of new systems and/or processes, developing policies and procedures to achieve desired financial and operational goals in a business unit, such as an institute, department or division.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitors monthly budget, fund and or/general ledgers for the department or business unit within the School or Hospital; provides variance analysis.
- Analyzes the revenue cycle and revenue stream for the business unit and assists in developing feasibility and profitability analysis and/or business plans for new and existing programs, including new faculty recruitment and revenue capture.
- Communicates with accounting staff to obtain variance explanations, to alert them to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports and participates in follow-up discussions with business unit leadership.
- May ensure that grants, clinical trials and other revenue and expense driven projects and streams are properly monitored, credited and reports are prepared.
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, contracts, change orders, invoices, check requests, petty cash vouchers, travel requests and travel vouchers, fund transfers and HRTS transactions as necessary.
- Recommend and implement approved changes for efficiencies, documenting those procedures.
- May mentor, train or oversee more junior staff.
- May input and review faculty/staff payroll and maintain appropriate records.
- May review Time and Effort reports for faculty and staff, prepare accruals and recharges for upload monthly general ledger updates.
- Liaison to external medical organizations such as UHC, AAMC, MGMA for faculty productivity benchmarking
- Develop financial reports and distribute to Dept. Chair, Chiefs and administrators with aim to improve inefficiency and profitability, Accountable for those metrics
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 Years of experience in Finance or a related field
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai
Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a
common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as
the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When
you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.