Mount Sinai Careers
Physical Therapist (Per Diem) - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Summary
Performs initial examinations and provides physical therapy intervention to a diverse patient population. Works under the supervision of the Therapy Manager (Inpatient/Acute) or Professional Practice Manager (Outpatient and Sports Therapy areas). This position is entry-level and part of a multi-disciplinary team, and has the opportunity to rotate across inpatient, outpatient and acute services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
- Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
- Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
- Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
- Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
- Attends all appropriate conferences, rounds, inservices and meetings.
- Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
- Attends clinics as assigned.
- Maintains therapy attendance records, patient charges and statistics.
- Participates in the supervision of Rehab Patient Care Associates, volunteers, and students.
- Must be a current member of the APTA.
- Must follow all MSH policies and procedures.
- Education Requirements:
Master’s Degree required, DPT preferredExperience Requirements:Licensing and Certification Requirements:
0 – 1 year of experienceName: PTIssuing agency: Department of Health/Office of Professions