Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Summary
The Finance Coordinator is responsible, in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, for all financial matters. This position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the senior leadership team. Responsibilities include oversight of finance and accounting operations and assurance that the company meets Federal, State and local reporting obligations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Executive Director for the general operations of the agency.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide administrative support or other issues as defined by the Executive Director.
- Perform limited fiscal and grant signatory authority as authorized by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Participate in the hiring, supervising, and terminating of departmental staff according to personnel policies.
- Participate in meetings as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Maintain agency records, as assigned.
- Education Requirements:Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, advanced degree preferred.
Two to three years of related accounting experience, such as general ledger, A/R, A/P, and payroll.
Minimum of five years of related experience in residential and/or institutional projects.
Significant experience with nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
Experience with state single audits and budget development.
Familiarity with GAAP.