Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Secretary II - Radiology - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
- Answers telephone, screen calls, takes messages and provides information according to established policies.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, etc. Proofs typed materials, makes corrections and recommends changes. Copies as necessary.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail, opens, sorts, and prioritizes; answers routine inquiries and correspondence.
- Maintains appointment books for meetings, patients, travel, etc. Arranges meetings.
- Maintains files; assists in setting up office systems.
- Orders office and clinical supplies as requested; assists in care and maintenance of department equipment.
- Maintains established hospital/departmental/unit policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Attends meetings as required, including in-service meetings.
- Applies shorthand and/or speedwriting techniques to compile information dictated; transcribes recorded dictation.
- Prepares charts and time tables; assists with the preparation of materials, agendas, notes handouts, etc
- High School diploma or equivalent education. Some prior training in secretarial sciences a plus.
- Prior experience as a Clerk Typist or any clerical responsibilities within a hospital environment