Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Director - Site Administration - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates all administrative functions and activities and inservices including practice standards and operational policies and procedures, in accordance with standards established by institutional, governmental and other regulatory bodies.
- Contributes to the development of division's mission, goals, policies and procedures, budget, work standards in coordination with the Senior Director of Nursing and the direction of the President. Assists the President in marketing initiatives.
- Assists in the selection, employment, development, and management of employees. Responsible for personnel policies and practices. Provides oversight of the performance appraisal process, disciplinary action, and interactions with all applicable bargaining units. Attends administrative labor grievances as requested.
- Ensures the development and delivery of required staff training using a competency-based assessment program. Evaluate and develop staff based on job-specific competencies. Evaluates how staff resources are allocated to support business activities and revenue cycle initiatives.
- Coordinates with senior management on monitoring clinical activities to ensure cost-effective, high-quality health care for patients consistent with the mission and resources of the hospital.
- Interacts with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations, to include The Joint Commission and NYS/NYC Department of Health
- Reviews and interprets operational problems/policies to practice managers. Resolves problems and recommends changes to senior leadership.
- Responsible for the ongoing oversight and monitoring of accrual submission and variance reporting for assigned clinics. Recommends funding and accountabilities for satellite budgets as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with other departments regarding annual operating and capital budgets. Contributes to capital selection process to ensure purchases support operations and growth.
- Recommends clinic facility improvements including construction, renovation and purchase of equipment. Works collaboratively with facilities staff in analyzing space allocation and facility resources to support operations. Contributes operational insight into decisions regarding short and long term space requirements.
- Interprets clinic and departmental policies, objectives and operational procedures to practice managers. Resolves problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate with the Health Information Management department on medical records management, storage, and facilitation of information.
- Collaborate with leadership of Patient Financial Services on revenue cycle initiatives and operational processes with a financial impact. Evaluate the effectiveness and support of information technology applications to support operations.
- Oversee Quality Assurance program that supports and contributes to the key elements of operational practice, including, but not limited to, financial performance indicators and patients access to the system.
- Represents the department at public and professional meetings and conferences as requested. Facilitates communication and ensures proper flow of information. Participates in public relations programs
- Coordinates, as requested, operational committees and physician advisory committees.
- Collects data, prepares reports, analyzes statistics, and responds to correspondence in a timely manner.
- Participates with the President of the Hospital in the evaluation and negotiations of managed care contracts and operations in conjunction with senior management.
- Supports institutional Studer/Patient Satisfaction initiative to enhance organizational performance. Demonstrates professional behavior reflective of leadership best practices.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with health care trends.
- Handles special projects assigned by the President of the Hospital.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Graduate degree in Business or Healthcare Administration.
- Minimum of five -seven years of experience in health administration including three years experience in a clinic environment.