Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Serve as a liaison between patients and Primary Care Providers,
outpatient services, inpatient services, and diagnostic testing centers.
Facilitates receipt of high quality, service-oriented patient care in
primary and specialty practices, laboratory testing and diagnostic
imaging centers, and ambulatory surgery
- Primarily supports the Hospital-Medical Home Demonstration Program
and efforts to develop improve and sustain transitions of care between
the hospital and community-based primary care practices and other
- Advocates for patients who need assistance obtaining appropriate medical care
timely access to primary care and specialty appointments, including in
outreach to patients needing services related to preventive care and
chronic disease management, including appointment reminders and
- Facilitates timely access to diagnostic testing, such as laboratory testing, radiology imagining, and cardiovascular testing
- Arranges timely patient visits for routine appointments and following hospitalizations and ED visits.
effective communication of findings and recommendations to patient and
between providers following primary care and specialty appointments.
collaboration with the Care Manager, uses data reporting tools in the
electronic medical record, other hospital information systems, and data
provided by health plans to execute a reminder system for immunizations
and preventive services
- Directs non-English speaking patients to
providers conversant in their preferred language or facilitate the use
of translation services.
- Increases the availability of key
clinical data (discharge summaries, laboratory tests results, etc.) at
time of appointments, including contacting other hospitals and
physicians to obtain results of care delivered at non-SLRHC facilities
- Effectively consults with physicians, care managers, nurses, secretaries, and practice managers in responding to patient needs.
- Communicates with patients and family to keep them fully informed of the status of any complaints and their resolution.
- Provides medical records, consultation reports to referring physicians and outside agencies in a timely manner.
underlying systems problems or obstacles to the delivery of high levels
of customer service and participates in developing action plans to
bring about necessary changes.
- Serves as a liaison with health plans, helping to maintain accurate provider patient panels and demographic information.
and navigates patient appointments and provide information for hospital
admissions surgical procedures, and other inquiries to physicians and
community groups as requested
- Communicates consistently with
managers to facilitate and expedite appointments. Contact manager to
overbook appointments when the next available appointment is greater
than 10 days
- Communicates with patients and referring physicians
to verify insurance and all demographic information in Eagle, IDX, and
eCW for pre-registration and appointments.
- Completes registration information for all scheduled clinic appointments.
- Faxes clinical information to physician offices as needed/indicated.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.