Mount Sinai Careers
Revenue Cycle Coordinator
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Revenue Cycle Coordinator - 76066
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
- Oversees and provides training and support for Billing Analysts.
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems.
- Monitors billing deficiency and open visit reports and takes action to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensures that established coding turnaround time and visit closure targets are met and maintained.
- Reviews and researches denials from payers, compiles data and presents analyses of negative trends to leadership with possible solutions.
- Responsible for accurate and timely turnaround of corrections to patient accounts.
- Identifies, investigates and collaborates with other staff, as necessary, to resolve Eagle closure and coding and billing issues.
- Summarizes recurring errors, operational or processing issues or concerns and communicates to management.
- Conducts monthly QA to assess the accuracy and comprehensiveness of documentation related to Eagle closures and facility billing.
- Coordinates with Medical Records and other ancillary departments to obtain additional patient information in response to inquiries regarding ED facility charges.
- Functions as problem solver for billing challenges, audits, and problem accounts, takes appropriate action and follows up, as needed.
- Supports departmental Coding and Billing and other regulatory audits, as needed.
- Prepares, arranges and displays audit findings and corrective actions for the ED Leadership.
- Runs and maintains statistical reporting as assigned.
- Performs quality, compliance and productivity monitoring.
- Maintains facility coding and billing policies and procedures.
- Performs the functions of the Billing Analyst as needed.
- Orients and trains Billing Analysts on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in special projects as needed
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and Coding and Billing guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, 3 years in Healthcare environment
- Familiarity with healthcare billing or registration
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD10 coding
- MS Office Suite, intermediate skills in Excel, reporting software
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.