Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Practice Support Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Heart Institute Cardiology - 76090
- Greets and receives patients/visitors to practice facility.
- Answer routine questions and assures appropriate intake forms are completed properly.
- Answer telephones and appropriately forwards messages
- Schedules and confirms appointments. Follow-up calls to “no-show” and “cancellation” appointments
- Mailing of New Patient Registration Package.
- Maintains cleanliness of facility and organization of workstation.
- Prepares patient’s chart. Attach appropriate clinical forms and superbill
- Process insurance verification
- Completes and reviews routine billing documents (Demographic information, superbills, etc.)
- Collects on-site payments as necessary. Review patient’s account and check for previous balance.
- Generate Daily Transaction Reports.
- Process referrals to ancillary services (set-up appointments and complete insurance referral forms). Maintains and track referral log.
- Retrieves and files patients’ medical chart (Do not file anything without physician’s signature).
- Type necessary letters
- Prepares and sorts outgoing and incoming mails.
- Review incoming urgent lab and diagnostic reports. Attach to patient’s chart and present to physician’s attention promptly.
- Provide cross coverage when applicable.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two-year experience in a private physician practice setting.