Mount Sinai Careers
Opioid Treatment Program - Counselor - Clinic 2C - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Opioid Treatment Program - Counselor - 76092
Under the direction of the clinic manager, or designee, the counselor shall assist in the personal, social and vocational rehabilitation of a patient being treated for substance abuse by providing supportive services either directly through individual and/or group counseling or by referral to outside agencies.
- Screens new patients, evaluates current social, medical, mental and drug abuse status and their suitability for treatment (when applicable)
- Orients patients to the program and its policy's and procedures and assists them in obtaining needed services
- Develops psychosocial history and reviews annually
- Develops individualized treatment plans either quarterly or semi annually based on chemical dependency, psychosocial, employment and family issues
- High School Degree with CASAC,
- Bachelor’ Degree with CASAC.
- Master’s Degree with CASAC,
- MHC (Mental Health Counselor) with permit or LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor).
- Minimum of two years previous paid substance abuse counseling experience is required.
- For MHC or LMHC, internships in Behavioral Health.
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
Licenses or Certifications required:
- CASAC or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)