Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Supervisor - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
- Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
- Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
- Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
- Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
- Performs other related duties.
Associates degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), or a combination of education and applicable work experience.
5 years administrative, preferably including 2 years of supervisory experience