Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Electrician B- Engineering Maintenance- Requisition # 76274
The Electrician B is responsible for providing immediate and effective response to work assigned by supervisors, or by a work order, and for ensuring that the work is completed in a professional manner and that the physical condition of the building and its occupants is safe and in good repair. The Electrician provides coverage that may require working overtime during emergency situations. Electricians will participate in Emergency power testing and all Emergency power related details.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Skilled in the performance of all phases of electrical repair and maintenance. Able to troubleshoot problems, collect data, establish facts and present a valid conclusion. Proficient in preventative maintenance
- Competent in the ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, diagrams, procedure manuals and motor controls.
- Demonstrates the required knowledge and the safe use of tools and equipment, adheres to safety rules and regulations. Has a working knowledge of the NYC electrical code.
- Works independently or with co-workers without supervision.
- Works in all areas of the hospital and school with courtesy and a professional awareness.
- Has the ability to perform duties on ladders and lifts, indoors and outdoors as well as being able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. Shows the ability to work with and around High Voltage up to 13.2 KVA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma/GED and or equivalent required
Three years’ experience in the trade working under a licensed electrician or 2 years working under a licensed electrician after successfully completion of a trade school.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.