Mount Sinai Careers
Physicians Assistant - PA - Colorectal Surgery - 50 hours - MSBI
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: Colorectal Surgery; REEQ. # 76277
Position: Physician Assistant
- Provide care for patients in collaboration with the physician and within the guidelines mutually agreed upon by clinical and medical administration.
- Assesses patients’ needs and develops plan of care in collaboration with the physician
- Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling
- Makes appropriate referrals with the concurrence of the physician
- Performs complete physical exams utilizing customary techniques
- Orders diagnostic testing in collaboration with the physician
- Orders medication in collaboration with physician
- Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Three to five years equivalent combination of education and experience required
- New York State license as a Registered Physician Assistant.Certification through completion of national boards preferred