Mount Sinai Careers
Scheduling Coordinator - Operating Room - Mount Sinai West
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Title: Utilization Review Admission Specialist
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Produces an updated operating room schedule that reflects changes that are a result of calling each surgeon, confirming their surgical reservations
- Schedules, cancels, rearranges and updates the OR schedule as necessary. Communicates this information to other areas that assist in facilitating the care of patients at Mount Sinai West and Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
- Schedules cases and enters scheduled cases into the computer. Verifies reservations for scheduled cases.
- Schedules patients for surgery according to room and time slot availability.
- Coordinates scheduling of elective cases and operating room block time.
- Maintains a system of filing surgical reservation forms
- Checks credentials system for physician’s delineation of privileges for equipment and/or procedures according to medical board guidelines
- Maintains and keeps all Delineation of Privileges manuals current.
- Verifies scheduled OR procedures with computerized scheduling system for appropriateness of procedures, time allocated, equipment conflicts and physician privileges
- Collects government issued ID information and adds this information accurately into the electronic scheduling system
- Requests pre certification number on required procedures from physicians
- Performs other duties as required
- Provide customer service by troubleshooting and resolving incoming discrepancies.
- Make calls, answer telephone and emails, and expedite all necessary requests.
- Responsible for maintaining the required daily scheduled case productivity.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Reading and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate level with Excel, Outlook, Word
- Knowledge of Medical terminology.
- Highly organized
- Understanding of CPT codes
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.