Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Access Service Coordinator
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Serves as the point of contact for physician referrals and obtains necessary information to initiate the patient’s referral to Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- Coordinates the referral to the appropriate Mount Sinai provider(s), sets up necessary appointments and communicates with patient and authorized family members.
- Assists patients and families in all aspects from the point of referral to follow up after discharge in navigating Mount Sinai Medical Center facilities.
- Advocates for patients, families and referring physicians to promote overall satisfaction with Mount Sinai Medical Center experiences.
- Promotes communication and collaboration between Mount Sinai Medical Center and the affiliated practice to improve patient outcomes and promote overall satisfaction with Mount Sinai Medical Center experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in a hospital or large medical practice environment