Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Office Manager is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day front–end operations of an ambulatory practice. Working under the direction of the Cancer Center Administrator, the Office Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining MSHS policies and procedures related to front-end practice operations, including Patients First! service standards and staffing models.
- Responsible for supervising the front-end staff in the Practice; and for performing any of the related roles as staffing contingencies requires. The Manage oversees the reception, checkout and clerical functions, handles scheduling issues as needed, addresses patient concerns, and participates in gathering information on customers’ perceptions and preferences.
- Monitors and assist staff with their day to day activities including clinic and physician scheduling, call volumes and surge treads, along with strict adherences to department service standards.
- Review staff appointment scheduling for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in the preparation of daily, monthly and year end reporting.
- Assists in creating training materials and scheduling guidelines
- Maintains high quality levels of customer service and data integrity.
- Provides next level of guidance and assistance
- Ensures appropriate reimbursement for services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Previous experience in a customer service role, supervisory role and related experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge of fiscal management techniques, knowledge of health care administration systems, ability to use select software application, Epic/Eagle experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.