Mount Sinai Careers
Physical Therapist - Part-time Days - Inpatient Child Psychiatry - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to accurately evaluate and effectively treat all assigned patients
- Devises a treatment plan that addresses individual, age specific needs, incorporating patient goals, to emphasize functional restoration and quality of life
- Monitors appropriateness of goals and prioritizes treatments to maximize patient benefit.
- Educates the patient and their family members regarding home exercise program, diagnosis specific information and purpose of any therapeutic intervention
- Accurately completes all required documentation according to guidelines.
- Reports patient information at chart rounds, conferences and family meetings.
- Maintains the clinic in proper working order and assists in monitoring inventory.
- Participates in the supervision of Assistants, Students, Attendants and Volunteers.
- Attends all departmental meetings as required.
- Coordinates with other services when scheduling patients and adjust schedule as necessary to provide additional coverage
Baccalaureate or Master's degree from an accredited university or college with a curriculum in Physical Therapy approved by the council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association
Licensed by the New York Board of Regents.
CPR certification/BCLS certification
At least 2 years of related experience required.