Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Assistant - PA - Nephrology -MSW
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: Nephrology; REQ.; # 76531
Position: Physician Assistant
Diagnoses and treats adult medical patients in accordance with the scope of defined privileges. Responsible for diagnosing and treating adult medical patients and developing a plan of care; participates in multi-disciplinary floor rounds on a regular basis
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides all aspects of care to patients on assigned Medicine service, in accordance with delineation of privileges
- Performs complete admission histories and physical examinations
- Conducts patient health assessment interviews, orders and interprets diagnostic screening tests
- Makes rounds, writes notes, discusses care plan with attendings on medicine patients
- Regulates selected medication and treatments as appropriate, in collaboration with physicians
- Notifies changes in patient conditions and care plan changes to attending physicians and nursing personnel to facilitate patient care
- Maintains proper chart documentation reporting and interpreting patient responses to the plan of care
- Participates in quality improvement activities
- Participates in educational forums
- Counsels and assists patients and family members assuming responsibility for prevention of illness and promotion of health maintenance and restoration of health
- Identifies available community resources helpful to patients and their family
- Maintains and updates patient records
- Completes medical discharge summaries in a timely manner
- Acts as mentor for physician assistant students and newly hired physician assistants
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
Requires appointment to the Medical Center Allied Health Personnel Staff.
Valid New York State license and registration as a physician assistant.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - Required certification Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Required certification
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent technical and patient care skills