Mount Sinai Careers
Charge Nurse I - Opioid Treatment Program - Clinic 8 - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
1. Assists the Clinical Coordinator in the coordination of nursing care on a shift basis within a specific unit
2. Assists with the supervision of all nursing activities related directly or indirectly to patient care
3. Administers nursing care based on scientific and therapeutic principles of nursing and according to the physician’s orders
4. Assists in coordinating the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing regimen for patients within a given unit
5. Coordinates staff activities in the performance of the nursing process
6. Ensures patient needs are met through assignment of appropriate classification of personnel
7. Assists staff in the planning, implementation, and on-going evaluation of the nursing process
8. Giving instruction and guidance in areas where development is needed
9. Provides input to the Clinical Coordinator in the evaluation process of staff
10. Provides counseling and documentation to members of the nursing staff regarding adherence to job obligations, in consultation with the immediate supervisor
11. Recommends the progression of new employees from one phase of the unit-based orientation to another
12. Assists in preparing time and rotation schedules in accordance with staffing needs and contractual obligations
13. Assists with daily staffing by recommending staff or supplemental staff coverage
14. Makes recommendations regarding his/her schedule to meet the responsibilities of the position
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Demonstrated leadership skills and demonstrated skills in unit coordination and patient care programs.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a professional Nurse in the State of New York.