Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Pharmacy Manager - Internal Medicine - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for carrying out Clinical Pharmacy services with primary practice in the area of Internal Medicine. Promotes clinically rational drug therapy and sound pharmaceutical care through the development of new (or expansion of existing) pharmacy practice programs, drug therapy policies, and other programs. Serves as Clinical Pharmacy resource for the Health System and its affiliated pharmacy services. Responsible to serve as a preceptor for the PGY-1 residency program, and for students from local Colleges of Pharmacy. Conducts research and other scholarly activities throughout the year with the goal of publishing. Supervises and guides Pharmacists on the optimal provision of care to ensure professional development, and through use of their independent judgment, directs and disciplines their employees. Other responsibilities include patient care rounds, clinical interventions, medication use evaluations and institutional committee membership.
- Conducts departmental activities to meet the goals, objectives and policies of the department and the Hospital/Medical Center.
- Conducts departmental activities to meet standards as set forth by Federal and State Regulatory agencies and The Joint Commission.
- Implements policies and procedures to meet professional standards, including those established by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
- Assist with managing medication costs through coordination of benefits, assistance with prior authorization, formulary adherence, pill splitting, avoiding unnecessary and/or duplicate medication therapies and optimization of the medication regimen.
- Engages in active patient-centered medication therapy management, including medication reconciliation services and discharge assistance; patient counseling on appropriate medical therapy; provides consistent integrated services to predominately medicine patients.
- Conducts comprehensive medication reviews, and targeted interventions to assess appropriateness of all medications, to optimize medication therapy.
- Coordinates medication reconciliation and monitoring to improve clinical outcomes and to help prevent unnecessary readmissions, lapses in care and adverse drug reactions.
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds to assist with medication-related plans.
- Coordinates the provision of pharmaceutical care by pharmacy department members.
- Provides and follows up on recommended interventions with prescribers, interdisciplinary care team, other pharmacists, patients and/or caregivers, including appropriate documentation of recommendations and interventions.
- Implements decisions of the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree, ASHP-Accredited PGY-1 required; PGY-2 preferred; or Board Certification (e.g. BCPS, BCCCP) strongly encouraged
3 Years hospital experience with clinical experience/training