Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Director – Multispecialty Ambulatory Care
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Downtown – Ambulatory – Job Requisition 76676
Job Title: Administrative Director – Multispecialty Ambulatory Care
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Administrative Director exercises management responsibility over the business and operational activities of a department, medical care unit or division. Responsible for establishing short and long term goals and objectives in line with Mount Sinai Health System as well as ensuring compliance with federal, state and city regulatory agencies.
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
- Establishes goals and objectives for each department that are consistent with internal policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Collaborates with the division head or chairman to develop short term and long range plans.
- Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff.
- Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. Directs and coordinates the performance appraisal system for all faculty, professional staff and biweekly employees.
- Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
- Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- Encourages collaboration among divisions to effectively coordinate and implement operational activities; facilitates and encourages effective communications across functional areas.
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division.
- Assures the financial systems are in place to properly run the department. Ensures compliance with MSMC policies and procedures.
- Implements quality assurance programs and oversees monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare (JCAHO), Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and New York State and City Department of Health.
- Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned.
- Performs other related duties.
What You’ll Bring:
- Master’s degree or applicable leadership experience and education
- 7+ years of experience in health care finance or administration.
in strategic planning and execution, formulating
policy, building and developing financial plans, managing resources and leading
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.