Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Manager Laboratory Information Systems - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Reports directly to Lab-IT Director
- Manages all LIS clinical personnel
- Responsible for the Management of the laboratory information system and its interactions with other downstream systems/applications.
- Functions as liaison between the lab, the vendor, IT and other Hospital Center departments for all lab-IT components.
- Translates the needs of the department into table definitions and technical tasks that result in the effective use of the system
- Ensures that all system activities and projects are reported to and coordinated with lab-IT leadership.
- Manages all system support activities provided by the supervision of the Lab-IT leadership
- Reviews and approves all work performed by the vendor according to the guidelines and procedures established under the leadership of the lab-IT Director
- Supervises all system upgrades and system periodic maintenance such as hardware and software upgrades, hotfix and patches according to MSH IT protocols.
- Develops specifications for all interfaces with a lab-IT component under the direction of the lab-IT leadership.
- Develops Lab IT Procedures and Protocols (SOPs)
- Maintains lab-specific maintenance records for the laboratory information systems to include but not limited to interface logs, system update, etc.
- Conducts periodic system performance tests according to lab-IT protocols and regulatory agencies
- Maintains records of all application/configuration changes made to the laboratory information system
- Provides the department with periodic system status reports and project updates
- Provides the department with statistics on a monthly basis in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to manage all aspects of the laboratory information systems
- Oversees all projects with a lab-IT component and keeps Lab-IT leadership informed on all projects and initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field.
- Four year college degree in Science or related medical field.
- Laboratory Information Systems experience required.
- ASCP certification highly desired.
- Computer training highly desired.
- PMP training and certification highly recommended.