Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Librarian - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System is seeking dynamic candidates for its Reference & Instruction Librarian position. Reporting to the Assistant Library Director for Education and Research Services, this position supports the reference and instruction needs of the Mount Sinai community, particularly the nursing community. The ideal candidate for this role will be a customer-service oriented information professional knowledgeable about biomedical resources and evidence-based practice.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support Mount Sinai Health System’s nursing community in the effective use of library resources and services.
· Leads education sessions for nurses including participation in Nursing Competency Days and New Nurse Orientation
· Act as liaison to Nursing Education and Nursing Research Committee
· Fields reference inquiries submitted by email, phone, chat and in-person.
· Maintains and enhances Levy Library website content pertaining to areas of responsibility.
· Maintains and enhances library’s web presence, including updating and enhancing LibGuides and LibAnswers content.
· Works on special projects as needed to support the Mount Sinai Health System Libraries.
· Develops and maintains awareness of current trends and best practices in reference and instruction services, within and beyond the medical library community.
· MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program or current enrollment in an accredited MLS/MILS program.
· Experience using biomedical and interdisciplinary resources such as PubMed/MEDLINE, CINAHL, and Web of Science
· Knowledge of the evidence-based practice model
· Strong customer service orientation
· Proficient written and spoken communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Experience providing library reference and instruction services in a medical and/or academic library setting
· Familiarity with nursing information needs, both clinical and research-based
· Experience using LibApps platform (LibGuides, LibAnswers, etc.)
· Experience with EndNote, Zotero and/or other reference management tools