Mount Sinai Careers
Supervisor of Sonography (ARDMS Sonographer) - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Performs ultrasound examinations.
- Photographs and records visual images onto radiographic film for diagnostic interpretation by Radiologist.
- Supervises the operation of ultrasound equipment.
- Schedules and assigns work load of ultrasound Technologists.
- Calculates statistics.
- Interviews candidates.
- Oversees registration of patients, patient scheduling and preparation for examination.
- Solves problems pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Assists in the teaching and training of Residents and students.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and area of responsibility.
- Maintains a library of ultrasound books and journals for reference by physicians, sonographers, and students of the department.
- Works safely and provides for the safety of others
- Ensures equipment is utilized, stored and maintained in serviceable order.
- Evaluates and reports any malfunctions and ascertains need for repair or maintenance, reports this information to the Technical Coordinator
- Graduated from an approved ultrasound program, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1 year supervisory experience and 3 years ultrasound experience.
- Certified Sonographer from an accredited agency