Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Full-time days
Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in all areas - Performs histology, chemistry, hematology, blood bank procedures quality control, enter results into LIS, follow Lab policy and procedures. Read manual differentials, Knowledge of automated equipment. Knowledge chemistry and hematology and instrumentation.
- Must perform maintenance and troubleshooting procedures as required.
- Performs Quality control and maintenance procedures as required.
- Must be proficient in manual differentials and body fluid cell counts.
- Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation
- Performs all lab tests and procedures as they pertain to the specific activities of the blood bank: ABO/Rh typing, Antibody screening, Cross matches, auto/directed units, DAT testing
- Performs Quality control and maintenance procedures as required by the department. Performs manual differentials, normal and abnormal, cell counts, coagulation procedures, Urinalysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
- NYS Licensed Medical Technologist, BS degree required in Science. ASCP preferred - 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in manual differentials and body fluid cell count.
- Computer literate, Excellent communication skills
- Chemistry/Hematology. Type and Screen, Crossmatching -Gel and tube technology.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.