Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Care Associate
Strength Through Diversity
- Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team providing a full range of services to patients admitted to the inpatient psychiatry service
- Participates in the patients admission and orientation to the inpatient unit
- Responsible for assisting patients with changing; searching of patients; securing of valuables; review of unit rules and regulations and providing orientation to room and unit
- Assists with preparation and updating of the Nursing Care Plan and Interdisciplinary Treatment Team Plan and assists with therapeutic interventions in order to implement the plans as established
- Performs selected direct care duties including therapeutic intervention, taking of vital signs and other health related data (i.e., height, weight, etc.), simple dressing changes, sputum, blood and urine collection, urine testing, personal hygiene (i.e., feeding, bathing, shaving, dressing, etc.), and EKG’s
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a mental health related field; or Associates Degree with 2 years experience working with the mentally ill thereby ensuring experience in the areas of counseling, group and family dynamics, psychopathology, etc.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize the activities of multiple patients. Mature, responsible, non-judgmental individual with a demonstrated interest in working with the mentally ill. Ability to function in a team approach.