Mount Sinai Careers
Finance Manager - Ambulatory Practice Group
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Downtown – Ambulatory Finance and Revenue Cycle – Requisition 76814
Job Title: Finance Manager - Ambulatory Practice Group
Oversight of all financial and related activities for the department or unit. Manages departmental financial office; performs analyses to identify revenue collection problems and other trends.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Financial analysis and creation of reports as requested by the Director of Finance, department administrator or chairman as applicable.
- Develops business plans for new academic hires, if applicable to department and position.
- Prepares salary and supply budgets and monitors accounts payable and receivable.
- Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports.
- Analyzes revenues to identify collection problems, billing issues and other trends.
- Reviews all departmental accounts as applicable.
- Ensures all grant and IRB submission deadlines are met.
- Oversees Administrator Assistants, Coordinators, Financial Specialists and other support staff depending on department.
- Approves all travel, check and purchase order requests; initiates Human Resources transactions and follows up.
- Assists with special projects and provides analytical support as designated by the Chairman, Director or Administrator of the department.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 7 years experience in accounting or financial with 3 years in a supervisory/management role
Licensing and Certification Requirements
- Certified Public Account (CPA) – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.