Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Summary
Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients. Seats patients and adjusts chair and equipment; drapes patient with sterile and other appropriate covering. Lays out dental instruments and supplies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lays out dental instruments and supplies. Hands instruments to dentist during examination and treatment as instructed or required.
- Retracts patent’s mouth; operates suction equipment to maintain mouth free of secretions and sponges mouth at intervals.
- Administers mouthwash; assists in tooth extraction or other surgical interventions in oral cavity.
- Sterilizes and cleans linens and instruments; prepares for use.
- Maintains records of dental examinations, conditions found, treatments and appointments.
- May assist in taking and developing dental X-rays.
- Mixes amalgam and other filling materials as requested by dentist.
- Education Requirements:
High School diploma
Basic Life Support (BLS) requiredExperience Requirements:Licensing and Certification Requirements:
1 year related experience preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) required