Mount Sinai Careers
IT Director - IT Governance
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Governance - Req #76901
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
“Governance” is a management and oversight function that guides the use of leading practices, policies, procedures, and metrics that allow us to monitor quality and ensure continuous improvement toward operational excellence. At Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS), IT Governance is accountable for sustainable achievement in IT management components. Our team is relentless, respectful, resourceful and results-oriented in the pursuit of operational excellence in IT.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, IT Governance, the Director will take a lead role in driving the programs and initiatives of the Advisory Services and Special Programs Teams of IT Governance
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Lead IT Governance initiatives including but not limited to:
a. Capital Planning.
b. IT Department Performance Metrics
c. Executive Reporting
d. Customer Satisfaction Surveys
2. Lead performance improvement initiatives to targeted areas directly supportive of IT operational and business objectives.
3. Work with IT leadership on special projects, advancing process improvement and other key strategic initiatives.
4. Monitors project timelines and budgets.
5. Prepare highly complex studies to inform and support IT leadership’s decision making related to specific initiatives.
6. Create reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational
7. Prepare forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making.
8. Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
9. Other duties as requested or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Healthcare Informatics or other related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in management or other related field
- Solid knowledge of the health information technology function and operations in provider organizations (preferably multi-hospital setting); Enterprise awareness
- Deliverable-based Project and Program Management (PMP or PgMP certified preferred)
- Business relationship management skills, serving as the liaison between IT and clinical, business, and executive roles
- Experience in a consulting organization, or serving as an internal consultant to a variety of business, clinical, and technical stakeholders
- Strong ability to lead technical requirements definition and solution design activities/sessions
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture principals and standards
- Experience with IT leadership and governance
- Exposure to HIT service delivery and development models/standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Scrum)
- Systems focused mentality (predictive, proactive, precise, personalized, coordinated)
- Understanding of “Value Management” (what is the value and how is it measured)
- Facilitated session leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must command a presence in a room to facilitate and lead)
- Ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions and approaches
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Visio, Access and Project) and Office 365 Tools and Apps
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.